February 21, 2010

heidi & ben · engaged

this couple was just plain wonderful. perfect. i was so nervous. they were my first engagement session. but they were so amiable it was easy to relax a bit. i really enjoyed following them around while trying to capture the love they have for each other. we hung out downtown, which has always intimidated me, but we walked up and down it which was so fun.

i am having a hard time choosing what to put up here. they were so good that i could fill this blog with photos of them. there are so many. so many good ones. well, here's to being indecisive. i am hoping this will be my first of two posts of them. cause there's that much i want to put up here.

she has such gorgeous eyes, no picture does them justice.


i know you can't read it on these photos, but stenciled on the door behind them it reads, "NO STANDING IN FRONT OF DOOR". so we did.


and who doesn't love fun props? especially old-looking bikes.


this is my husband's favorite. i had him help me choose between this and 4 others. cause i'm indecisive that way.




this one is supposed to be somewhat vintage-y looking. softer. less color.

but i might like it better in black and white.


and this still isn't even a small portion of what i want to put up here. h&b, good luck deciding what YOU want. maybe it will be easier for you!

5 comments:

brenley said...

i'm in love with that bicycle picture - so vintage. cute couple!!!

Erika said...

Incredible Shandy! I can't decide either, but I did gasp when I saw the sunset one! wowza.

Matt & Corrine said...

Your talents are astounding - and I'm not 'just being nice.' Your photos are some of my very favorite I've seen. I love that they're candid, but not unrealistic - not like the couples glaring in opposite directions or something. I love that I 'feel' the photos. Wow.

The Bennetts said...

i agree with everyone - the photos just 'feel' sweet and wonderful and calm. love them. Great props don't hurt either - antique looking bikes, old downtown - oh and rivers and the sun are pretty good ones too!



and see its just not me! :-)

The Coleman Family said...

where were these taken?? SO cute shanda!!